Google
Archive
Data

Discussion > Help Wingrove, help Dimitri!

Chris I loved the DCC04 when you talked with Jason Wingrove. He expressed frustrations with FCPX re parking cuts at the end of timelines and cutting to music. I really want to get into FCPX, but have the same problems (and guess what, we're both from Sydney, so maybe it's regional thing!).
You mentioned you had solutions to these problems and I'm wondering if you could direct me to an online resource that could help. I've tried Lynda.com and ripple training, but they just don't get it.

Also here's some other on set slang from Oz that may or may not make sense..."He's just gone 10/100"- he's gone to the john. "DFI" - Different Fucking Idea, 180 to what we are just doing.
"What's your 20?" - where are you. "Lets foxtrot that table" - move the table off set. "SLAB!!" the call the crew makes when someones phone goes off during a take (slab= 24 x bottles of beer wrapped in a carton, and not lights). "Dosi-do" - swing the camera around for reverse coverage and "I got a DCM" - You received a "Don't Come Monday" notice....you're fired.

I'm the same Dimitri who used to play DCP to my wife and family while cooking. She much prefers the DCC!

cheers,
D
June 29, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterDimitri Ellerington
GREAT Slang references... I'm gonna have to do an "Answers to Wingrove" tutorial.
August 21, 2013 | Registered CommenterChris Fenwick